Knoppix

Hi group,

Just tried Knoppix 3.2Beta. I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Liteline laptop
with a 500Mhz AMD-K6-III, 60Mb RAM, trident cyberblade i7/DSTN 4Mb RAM
with 800x600 TFT, 5Gb harddisk and touchpad. Just so you know...

I'm impressed by the look of it and am pretty sure that it runs fine on
a typical desktop, BUT

My screen is shifted three pixels right. Under Debian, I can't do better
without using the framebuffer. My mouse doesn't work unless I specify
'wheelmouse' which results in my mouse pointer flashing over the screen
and clicking when I don't even touch buttons. Never had this in Debian,
unless I just had booted into windows. Hard poweroff always fixed this,
but not with Knoppix.

Furthermore: D*MN, so sloooooooooooow. Luckily, I don't _have_ to use
KDE.

The thing is, that with my mouse problem, it's not useable, :-(

Frankly, I'm a bit dissapointed. I'm afraid I expected Knoppix to
autodetect everything. Probably it almost does, but I'm not seeing it.
Maybe if I had had many problems with Debian I might be impressed with
what Knoppix _does_ autodetect (USB, although nothing attached, PCMCIA
ethernet)...

Don't get me wrong: they did a marvelous job... I'm sorry it doesn't
work that well on my machine.

If anyone has comments, please reply.

David