Re: XFree86 turns off the screen when using usb mouse

    "Bijan" == Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

    Bijan> Hi, I have a small problem that I'd like to solve. X
    Bijan> automatically blanks the screen after a while. It unblanks
    Bijan> it if you use the keyboard or the mouse. However it only
    Bijan> works with serial or ps2 mice. I'm using a USB mouse and
    Bijan> sometimes i'll be using my computer to browse the web or
    Bijan> play music and suddenly the screen goes blank. It's not so
    Bijan> serious as all I have to do is press a button in the
    Bijan> keyboard, but I'd still like to find a better solution.

I've never seen this problem so I have to ask: are you sure it is X
that is blanking out your screen?

If not, try removing the 'Option "DPMS"' line (or use xset) to disable
the X servers blanking and see if it still happens. It could be your
kernel that is blanking the virtual terminal, or some APM interaction
that is not aware of the USB mouse (do you have
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK set in the kernel?).

I use Woody, on an ATI Mach 64 and two different laptops and have
never seen the X server misbehave like this (yet ;-) I always use my
USB mouse to wake up my monitor when I come back to my desk.

Cheers!
Shyamal