Re: OT:Any tips on burning knoppix cdr

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:24:23 -0500 John Foster wrote:
> I have tried to burn 4 Knoppix cdr's using different programs
> including trying windoze nero with the exact same results.....the cd
> burns but does not produce a bootable cd. Their web site seems to
> indicate that if you can sucessfully burn a cd with the Knoppixxxx.iso
> file that it should boot. That has not worked. I was wondering if I
> need to try using the el torrito boot feature plus the image.

The KNOPPIX_xxx.iso is already a cd filesystem image, prepared to be
burnt directly onto a cd, so you have to skip the filesystem image creation
stage. Whatever features are necessary for booting are already included in
the image file.

Under linux, something like:

   cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=4 -v -dao -data KNOPPIX_xxx.iso

should work without problems (has always worked for me).

The dev= numbers can be obtained by running 'cdrecord -scanbus', and the
speed= should be adjusted to your drive's capabilities.

HTH,

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/