Re: Guide to building a custom kernel

http://people.debian.org/~psg/ddg/dwarfs-debian-guide.html
> but found its
> section on building a custom kernel left me high and
> dry at certain critical
> points.
> For a much better guide go to
> http://www.linuxorbit.com -> HOWTOs -> Building a
> Custom kernel for Debian HOWTO Version 1.0. it
> walked me through every step I
> had to take - excellent.
>
> Nigel
>
> --
> Nigel Pauli
> Network Manager
> St. John's School, Northwood

Hello N. Pauli,

Well... that might've been me, I recently got to
compile a kernel... I got it working now, but thanks
for the suggested howto ! Most of my actions were the
same, but there's one big difference - do you know why
this article recommends:
  make-kpkg -rev Custom.1 kernel_image
while the other article I used says:
  make-kpkg --append-to-version=bla kernel_image

Well anyway... Maybe it's an idea to put all results
and howto's in a FAQ section somewhere... ? As a FAQ
can be easier/faster than searching a huge user
list...

regards,

Joris