Re: apt-get dies with segmentation fault at 98%

[snip!]
> apt-get doesn't work for me today.
[snip!]
> The commands above all write out lines like this
> 	Reading Package Lists...1%
> with the percentage number counting.  When it gets to 98% it crashes,
> and the resulting line looks like
> 	Segmentation faultsts...98%
[snip!]
> Has the apt database been corrupted somehow?  Is it something I've
> read from one of the apt lines?  My sources.list file is attached.

Looks like my apt cache had been corrupted.  I removed the
	/var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
file, and ran
	apt-get update

This command ended with the following message:
 Reading Package Lists... Error!
 E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
 E: Error occured while processing xt-sdf2-dev (NewVersion1)
 E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
 E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I commented out the following line from sources.list
 deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
removed pkgcache.bin once more, and did apt-get update.

Now apt seems to be working normally.