Re: Screen savers screenshot

on Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:21:44PM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez (arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com) wrote:
> I think I have installed a bunch of screen savers, probably all the
> available ones. But I haven't figured out yet how to capture some of the
> figures that come up. Some are awsome. Does anyone know?

Try (from memory):

    ( sleep 5; import -window root screenshot.png ) &
    xscreensaver-command -activate

...which will launch a shell that sleeps for five seconds, then grabs a
screenshot of the root window, to background, while activating your
screensaver immediately.

Or you can launch the screensaver hack in a normal window and grab the
image from there.

Third trick:  run the hack with the '-root' switch, and set it as your
desktop background (some of us find this mildly distracting).

Peace.

   Integrity, we've heard of it:  http://www.theregister.co.uk/