graphical login to a different Linux machine

Hello all,

Today, I saw an option in win2k in the login screen, where
one can give the name of a client machine (in the same
network, probably), and login as an user on that machine.

This kind of a thing probably also exists under kdm (and xdm, etc),
since sometime KDE said something about this to me. But now I am
not being able to find that piece of info.

Could you please point to the right direction?

Regards,
Santanu