Re: First Ever Debian Install: my notes

I too did my first install a few weeks ago. My first install failed
because I have an ATA100 drive and the default kernel wouldn't work.
After sucessfully loading the 2.4 kernel with Woody, I decided to
install everything, fart around see what stuff I liked. My 3rd and final
install only has stuff I want, except my Yamaha soundcard doesn't work.

As far as tasksel and deselect...WORTHLESS! I tried kpackage and
instantly began liking Debian.

I really don't see going back to Redhat (using it since 6.1).