Re: Power off

On Saturday 01 March 2003 10:16 am, daniel huhardeaux wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have 4 computers running kernel 2.4.18 or 2.4.19 and all of them, when
> I ask to power down, *never* really dot it. They stay switch on with
> last message on the screen "power down" It's a problem for one of them
> which is connected to an UPS. He will never restart if power is coming
> back before UPS switch off :-( This computers are not the same: one Dell
> notebook, one old NoName with cheapset winchip 225, one AMD athlon 1000
> and one Celeron 2000. If someone have an idea, thanks in advance.

I had a lot of problems getting my system to auto power off, hell I had a lot
of problems getting my system to do most things, all part of the fun !

Anyhow this ih how I solved it ...
woody, 2.4.19 kernel

How to setup apmd for power down ...

install apmd for advanced power management, soft power off, use dselect or
aptitude

Set following modules in the kernel
Y	General setup/power management support
M	General setup/advanced power management BIOS support
recompile kernel

add
apm power_off=1
to the end of /etc/modules