Re: Multiple NICs with Monolithic kernel

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 08:51:31AM -0800, Michael West wrote:
> I am having trouble setting up a system for 3 nic cards with a monolithic
> kernel ( 2.4.18 )

I tried passing kernel parameters

ether=11,0x2000,eth0 ether=10,0x4000,eth1 ether=9,0x6000,eth2

Now I can only ping all three addresses if eth0 is connected by cable.
eth1 and eth2 no longer respond though ifconfig output has not changed.

Also if I bring the interfaces down and backup I get an error both
ways on the last interface.  The order of the interfaces does not
matter.

----------------------
SIOCADDRT: File exists

for example