Re: lwresd AND bind/named???? - 'nother Debian newbie question...

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Jeff Hahn wrote:

> I need to run named (this 'puter is secondary for a few zones)
>
> Do I still need to run lwresd?

Not if you have bind9 installed. lwresd appears (from its description)
to be a stripped down version of bind9. Also, bind9 depends on
liblwres1, so we can infer that it provides or uses that service itself.

> Or do I enable the lwresd functionality in named conf?

I don't believe so, but check the documentation. :)

> I don't have a clue what libraries or applications use the lightweight
> resolver libraries...

I don't either, but any Debian packages that require it would probably
depend on liblwres1 directly.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :       If UNIX is the heroin of operating systems,
ahall@vitaphone.net  :       then...Windows is filling your sinuses with