Re: How to prevent x startup

David Turetsky wrote:

[...]
>   How do I abort the startup of x?

>   At the LILO: prompt, enter "linux single".
[...]
>   YES!!! Thank you. Now I can go on to experiment with corrections to
>   my XF86Config file
[...]
>   If I had not had such a misspent youth, I might have remembered
>   'linux single,' but then . . .

Hah!  Your supposed to read the books, not eat the covers. :)

For a quick and dirty way to disable GDM, open /etc/init.d/gdm.  Right
after the hash-bang, make the next line 'exit 0'.  When you get your
config right, you can simply delete the line or comment it out.

--
gt                                     kk5st@sbcglobal.net
If you find you've dug yourself into a hole, stop digging.