Re: pppd not working

Hi,

in my configuration for pppd I have the following options set

ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote

With this options pppd will get the local an remote IP from
the provider, set the local to the ppp interface and with

defaultroute

which you have set, setup a defaultroute to remote IP.

The messages

> sent [LCP TermReq id=0x7 "No network protocols running"]
> rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x7 "No network protocols running"]

gave a hint that you don't you are running no appropiate network
interface that could be used by pppd to set up connection
to your provider.

With the above mentioned options this network device will be
installed by pppd.

--
Stefan-W. Hahn / mailto:stefan.hahn@s-hahn.de /