perl 5.6.1-8.2 in testing?

Not that I am complaining because security updates are always good, but how exactly did perl 5.6.1-8.2 make it into testing sometime in the last couple of days? It didn't come from unstable, because unstable moved to perl 5.8.0 a while ago, and I didn't know that there /was/ any other way for updated software to make its way into testing. It appears to have originally been a stable security update from the end of November. For it to just now make it to testing implies that someone made a special effort to upload it, but noone cares about security updates for testing, right? This is just an abject curiosity question to see if anyone can explain the mystery...