Re: XFree86 display problems

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Chad Johnson wrote:

> /var/log/XFree86.0.log, a line towards the very end states that "Primary
> Device is: PCI 01:00:0 (EE) No devices detected" - which seems kind of

This is normal, they all say pci, even for agp

> odd, since my card uses an AGP slot (GeForce 4 Ti4600).

the X system in stable doesn't support the GeForce4's with the built in nv
driver.

You'll need to get ahold of and install the nvidia drivers, or i _think_
moving to unstable might work, but it's better to go with the drivers.

The open source drivers are called "nv" in the XF86Config-4, and "nvidia"
is the closed source ones that are packaged with debian.

mike