Re: ntpd not keeping time

# ntptrace clock.psu.edu
otc2.psu.edu: stratum 2, offset -529.277338, synch distance 0.06970

ntptrace (and ntpdate) work fine, but ntpd still doesn't sync time. I
previously had a very restrictive firewall ruleset on the box, but I've
relaxed it quite a bit and still nothing. :(

I'm actually considering setting up a cron job to run ntpdate every 15
minutes (on an internal ntp server, of course) until I can replace the
motherboard or fix this.

Is anyone aware of any weird bugs or clock chipset incompatibilities with
ntpd?