Re: cdrecord exit status 254

> You know that without knowing anything about your cdrecord

(pts/8)jason@marsala:~$ dpkg -l | grep cdrecord
ii  cdrecord       1.10+11a34-1   A command line CD/DVD writing tool

> or Debian version

(pts/8)jason@marsala:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
testing/unstable

> without knowing what you are trying to do

as mentioned previously, I am trying to use cdrecord from a makefile.

> and what cdrecord actually does

as mentioned previously, it burns cd's correctly, but exits with status 254,
causing make to beleive it failed when it acutally didn't.

In this case I did not give a bunch of specifics, because I beleive everything
is working correctly.  That is, my question is a general one, not a question
regarding my specific install.  That question is, why would cdrecord exit 254
when it exits successfully?  Since the cd's are fine, I assume cdrecord is
working correctly, but has an odd policy of exit status?

thanks for your reply,
jason pepas