Re: run-parts

Russ Cook <russcook@flash.net> writes:

> I named the script mail_ppp.  It's purpose is to email
> my dynamic address to a specific email address after
> dial up, so I can access my network from remote locations.

I did this with the following script.  The IP address part may be
ugly, but it works.  The script sleeps 5 minutes in order to let
fetchmail get mail and allow my use of the SMTP server.  This has been
working for me for a while.

b:/etc/ppp/ip-up.d$ cat 50mail_ip
#!/bin/sh
# send ip when DSL comes up

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin

IPADDR=`ifconfig ppp0 | awk '{print $2}' | grep addr | awk -F: '{print $2}'`

sleep 5m
echo $IPADDR | mail name@provider.com

This script is in the ip-up.d directory and has the same permissions
and ownership as the other files there.  I hope this helps.

Brian