Woody->FreeBSD box via null modem cable

Hi!

I would like to connect to a FreeBSD box from Woody using a null modem
cable. The FreeBSD box is already set up properly (a getty is running on
one of the serial ports). The serial cable is connected to ttyS1 on my
Debian box. I tried to set things up using "minicom -s":

1. I entered the serial port the cable is connected to (on my Debian box):
/dev/ttyS1
2. I set the modem init string to the empty string.

Do I need any other software package besides "minicom" on my Debian box? Is
there some article/howto explaining null modem cable setups in greater
detail? (I was looking at the serial port console howto, but this one
covers only the pin layout for null modem cables. Besides, this howto
mostly deals with redirecting *boot* messages to the serial console, which
is not what I'm interested in.)

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

	Holger