Command for random? recursive?

Hello again!

I have 3 questions:

1. How do you perform a command to do things recursively? for example
mplayer -vo xv -ao sdl *.mpg doesn't seem to work, also when I'm making
zTXT files - mkztxt *.txt

2. Now if I'm now able to do things recursively for mplayer and other
commands, is there a way to use that command to randomly select a file?
I figure it would be nice to have mplayer view my clips randomly.

3. Is there a way to re-position the window once it opened? mplayer
always shows up in the upper left corner of the screen, which is
annoying so what command or option do I need to position it somewhere I
like?

Elijah