Re: too restrictive security settings when logging in to email

Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 02:08:29AM -0800, Joris
>> Huizer wrote:
>> > I think my security settings are too restrictive.  When I try to
>> > log in at mail.yahoo.com using lynx I get an error "client
>> > doesn't support https:// " (I logged in on the windows system now
>> > to email :-S )
>>
>> Wow, most misleading subject line ever.
>
> Sorry, I was guessing on that :-S
> I'll try lynx-ssl then. Are there any probs for that
> program or should I just use that instead of lynx ?

I think these are mostly separate because, in the bad old days,
certain large North American countries with multiple-word names
wouldn't allow cryptographic software to be exported, so lynx lived in
Debian main and lynx-ssl in non-US.  That changed not too long before
the woody release, but the separate packages still exist.

You also might explore other Web browsers.  For the console, there's
links and w3m, both of which I believe have better support for HTML
tables (and w3m has the scary image support in X).  Under X, I
personally like Galeon, but there's also Mozilla and Konqueror, among
others.

	-- Abra Mitchell