Re: computer hypothermia -- help!

on Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:12:56PM -0200, Klaus Imgrund insinuated:
> On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:24:49 -0600
> Nori Heikkinen <nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
> > due to circumstances beyond my control, my computer has spend much
> > of the past four days in the trunk of various cars schlepping 1000
> > miles across the frozen Midwest.  i've done this lots of times
> > before, but usually the trip takes half as long, and is much
> > colder.
>
> Did let sit at room temp for at least about 10 hrs ?  If not you
> might have build a couple of short curcuits due to humidity.

yes, even though i wanted to, i couldn't bring it up for about a day.
so it was in my house warming up for at least 24 hours ... but maybe i
did that anyhow.

thanks, all; i'm going to try your suggestions after i back up some
more data!

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu