iostat doesn't find any devices, Debian 3.0

Hi,

On a Debian 3.0 system running a 2.4.18-686 kernel, iostat (from sysstat
4.0.4-1) does not find any devices when running iostat -d 2. All disks
are on a Compaq Smart Array 3200 controller, with filesystems mounted
off /dev/ida/cXdXpX devices.

I have no problems finding /dev/sdaX devices with iostat on a system
running Red Hat 7.3.

Does iostat not support the Compaq Smart Array 3200 controller in Linux?
Or is there something I can do to make iostat work on the initially
mentioned Debian system? Let me know if you need additional details.

Cheers,

--
Anders.