From: "Niclas Söderlund" <maillists@soderlund.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 2:29 PM
Subject: apt-get automated

Hiya folks,

any tips on how to have apt-get every evening at a fixed time via cron, do
an update (easy) and then a simulated upgrade/dist-upgrade and then mail it
to root?

I.e I want something telling me its time to do an upgrade of some packages,
but dont want it to be run automatically (dangerous, and sometimes .conf
files is changed and needs see to on site). I ONLY want the mail if there
ARE any upgrades waiting, otherwise not.

Any tips appreciated.

- Niclas