Re: Promiscuous mode for ethernet device

sean finney wrote:
heya,

as for why you were going in and out of that mode -- were you using
any packet filtering/processing application like tcpdump or dsniff?
iptables might do that as well, but i can't say off the top of my head
for sure.

	sean

I have been using tcpdump but that was only to debug software which wasn't working properly. Still I think it's weird that it did happen upon shutdown. I've been checking the scripts which are called during shutdown but couldn't find anything which could have caused it.

I just really need to know what the box is doing since I want it to be secure... that's why I chose Linux in the first place :)

Arnaud.