Re: acroread and anti-aliased text

Brian Stults <bstults@soc.ufl.edu> writes:

> I'm using gs 7.05.  Some examples of what I described are here:

The problem is definitely that the fonts were converted to type 3
(you can see by going to File->Document Properties->Fonts).

Why this happened, I'm not sure.  It looks from the OO PS output that
it's converting a TTF to Postscript, which is a bad move for
converting to PDF.  (It's good for PS, since old PS printers might
now support type 42 fonts, which are just TTF fonts in a PS wrapper.)

Your best bet would be to avoid TTF fonts for now, until/unless OO
gets better handling.

"We don't need no moderation."