RE: Holiday Wish list

Thanks Karsten, I'll check it out...Wiki's are just entering my
consciousness at this point...

-----Original Message-----
From: Karsten Self [mailto:karsten@guildenstern.dyndns.org]On Behalf Of
Karsten M. Self
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 2:25 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Holiday Wish list

on Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 09:11:49AM -0800, Michael Olds
(MikeOlds@pacbell.net) wrote:
> oops, sorry for the off-list post Bill, here's what I said:
>
> There is definately something very inefficient about these mailing
> lists for sure. I think a better approach is the Bulletin Board with
> an active moderator, so that a permanent thread could be opened on a
> topic and additions and questions asked eventually building up a
> valuable database of information. Here as you say, things come up over
> and over with maybe slight variations, and get lost very easily.

Which is one of the goals of a Wiki.  I'm running one myself, with a
focus on free software tools:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main

...and it's aimed at filling in just this gap between mailing lists and
Usenet on the one hand and HOWTOs and hardcopy on the other.

Peace.