Re: ISP does not 'support' Linux

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 12:39:25AM +1300, Richard Hector wrote:
> Create an XML file format for all the details required:
            ^^^

Yes! Buzzword! Good! :-)

I don't like XML (cluttered, too verbose), but it widely accepted in the
corporate world.

> DNS servers
> Dialup number
> Authentication type
> etc
>
> Write a config utility (or modify pppconfig or whatever) to read it, and
> only ask the remaining questions such as username and password.

And being able to connect independently of which Linux distribution or
which packages are installed is absolutely good.

Also, if the ISP only needs to help those using this exact tool, things
may become easier, but there may be other problems (see my other
message).

J.