Re: ES1371 not functioning

Andrew R Reid said:
> This has been bugging me for months - so I want to fix it.
>
> I have an ES1371 on my server that I would really like to get going so
> that when I work on it on weekends I can have nice sounds when I an in
> gnome ;-)

I don't mean to sound mean or anything, but are your speakers plugged
in? are they plugged into the right hole? I have about 6 different
ES1370/1371 cards and I use them specifically because they are the
easiest and most reliable soundcards I've ever used. your modprobe
of es1371 looks to have run perfectly. No error messages, the card
is detected.

what happens when you try to play sound? I reccomend using mpg123
to play a mp3 file to keep it simple. Perhaps your non-root user
is not in the audio group? (run id -a to check). If it's not
then adduser USERNAME audio, logout and login again. See if that
helps. Try mpg123 as the root user to be sure. Check volume settings,
I reccomend again console mode(rexima is a good console volume
program).

es1371 is such a great card, too bad they are very difficult to
find these days.

worst case, check /proc/interrupts to make sure theres no IRQ
conflicts but it looks to me from the info you give that the card
and drivers are working perfectly. I would double/triple check
the speakers/headphones and the jack they are plugged in to(all my
es1371s have color coded plugs, green being the one to use).

just ssh'd into my machine in the other room to be sure rexima
and mpg123 still worked on my desktop:) its funny to scare people
in my apartment by turning up the volume on my speakers from
remote, then blasting something through them :)

nate