Re: what's loading stv680?

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 09:11, Laura Conrad wrote:

> I have a cheap camera that connects to a USB port.  One of my problems
> getting it to work with debian (woody) is that when I plug it in, the
> module stv680 gets loaded.  After I 'rmmod stv680', gphoto2 can
> download the pictures in the camera, but while it's loaded, it can't.
>
> What is causing that module to get loaded?  I've looked at
> /etc/modules, /etc/modules.conf and all the files in /etc/modutils,
> and none of them mention stv680.
>
> --
> Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
> (617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574
> 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

My guess is that it is being identified in the USB management code as an
stv680 device, in order to use the USB solutions. The camera is likely
listed in /etc/usbmgr/usbmgr.conf (or something tremendously similar,
using the same vendor/product numbers.) You can try commenting the entry
out in that file, and reload usbmgr to see if things are more
cooperative.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org