Re: smbfs just isn't there

Tim Verry said:

> Woody with kernel 2.2.20, newest KDE, updated apache, sendmail, webmin
> installed, other than that pretty basic.

from the rest of your comments i get the idea that you possibly compiled
your own 2.2.20 kernel. the smbfs is part of the kernel not part of
samba. smbfs in samba I belive is limited to the wrapper scripts to
call mount.

If you are running a debianized 2.2.20 kernel which version of the image
are you running? (dpkg --status kernel-image-2.2.20).

nate