rescue disk for powerPC (beige G3)

I am trying to run a beige G3 mac (powerpc) with only linux on it (no
mac-os) which rools out bootX if I can.
I was wondering what was the best way to boot the system (hda2).
I tried to make a rescue disk, but was unsuccesful thus far as I don't
have much installed and I can't boot into the system properly.
Since  quik won't work on these machines, is there any way to make it
boot of the harddisk, and/or create a rescure disk either from it or
from an intel based system, or if there is somewhere I can download an
image?
All I have installed on it is the basic instellation from floppys and
the base system.
I tryed booting of the rescue disk from the instellation set, but the
disket itself isn't bootable, I then tried first booting the
boot-floppy-hfs and instead of inserting the root disk to insert the
boot disk. It started up but I got the message the couldn't open
display, please enter kernel option init= (or something like that).
That happened right after the usb started up, and the machine doesn't
have usb.
Thanks.