Debian connector for 'apache2-common' and 'tomcat4'

Hi,

I used the package combination of "apache" and "tomcat"
for my web services before.
The connector was "libapache-mod-jk".
All native Debian packages. All working fine.

Now things force me to change the setup to Apache 2
(apache2-common) and Tomcat 4 (tomcat4).
What connector is it meant that I should use under Debian?
Is it still "libapache-mod-jk"? Or some mod_webapp?

By the way... apache2 is no longer started through
the normal /etc/init.d/ scripts by default?
Is there some reason?

I'm running testing (2.4.19).

Hope I can get some enlightment :-)
Emil