Questions about mirror'ing a website

I am just after suggestions on the best and/or most efficient means to
mirror my website (exactly) from one location to another (currently on
same computer, but eventually multiple computers).

/var/www/			LIVE	<- Actual site location

/home/jade/public_html/		WORKING	<- Modifications and verification
					   prior to copying to /var/www

I want to "mirror" Working --> Live

A few things to keep in mind.
1) LIVE has a different "owner:group" than WORKING.

2) If I move/rename files or diretories, I need this updated.

3) It only has to update once every 24 hours. <- Probably cron to do this.

4) I will eventually have them on seperate computers so I can't just use
   the following which is what I am currently doing:

   ON a daily basis, I just manually copy and paste the following, as I
   don't trust this in a cronjob yet as I need to do it as root right
   now.

    a) rm -rf /var/www/*
    b) cp -vR /home/jade/public_html/* /var/www/
    c) chown -cR www-data:www-data /var/www

I've searched through "dselect" and found the following, and am just
looking for recommendations, or any suggestions for something better.

The choices that look like they might work for what I want.
1) mirror - Keeps FTP archives up-to-date
2) fmirror - memory efficient ftp mirror program
3) ftpmirror - Mirroring directory hierarchy with FTP

Almost but I can see a few problems here.
1) mirrordir - duplicate a directory by making a minimal set of changes

--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.