Re: some window managers don't read personal menus

Haim Ashkenazi said:

> Sawfish, wmaker, icewm and fvwm2: accept all changes.
> xfce, Gnome (panel menu), and afterstep: doesn't accept nothing

I can only speak for afterstep since thats all I use, but after
doing a menu update, I usually have to run the "update start menu"
command from the afterstep start menu

I use afterstep 1.6(1.8 is in woody), but for me i click on the
desktop, then click the desktop menu and click on 'update start menu'
a second or 2 later(depending on the speed of your system) the
changes should be reflected in the afterstep menu.

the only custom changes I've done is by adding stuff to /etc/menu,
haven't tried  doing it in my home dir

nate