Re: psaux.o not compiled as a module?!

On 17 Nov 2002 19:58:01 +0100, Matthias Hentges wrote:

>> all of a sudden I've got a strange problem. I'm trying to compile 2.4.20-rc2
>> with XFS, where psaux should be compiled as a module:
>>
>>   CONFIG_MOUSE=m
>>   CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y
>>
>> However the psaux.o module is not created?! This NEVER used to be a
problem...

>Thats because the PSMOUSE code is compiled into the "MOUSE" modul IIRC.
>Try this instead:
>
>CONFIG_MOUSE=y
>CONFIG_PSMOUSE=m
>
>That may give you psaux.o (untested).

I don't think that would help. Unless the menuconfig menu logic is broken my
defs are ok -- I answered "m" to include the mouse driver as a module, and "y"
to include the PS/2 mouse driver (this obviously goes into the same module
because the "mouse drivers" selection is on a higher level.)

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\