Re: Redoing the rescue floppy...

On 2002.11.17 18:29 Vineet Kumar wrote:
* Darryl L. Pierce (mcpierce@telocity.com) [021117 15:16]:
> I want to upgrade my boot floppy to support 2.4.19 kernel and Ext3.
Can
> someone point me to a HOWTO for doing so?

I think mkboot will do exactly what you're looking for.  Try the
manpage
first, make a boot disk, and test it to see if it's all you need.  I
don't know of a good resource on boot/rescue disk creation offhand.

By default, what's format does Debian use when creating a rescue disk? I can't mount my boot floppy in order to run mkboot. :(

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>