Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 22:44, Shawn Lamson wrote:

> --- "Mark L. Kahnt" <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 00:50, Rob Weir wrote:
> > > On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 10:00:54AM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> snip
> > My outlook largely is coincident with Rob on this one - my vrms
> > listing
> > mentions primarily RFCs and W3C recommendations, typefaces, a few
> > compressors/decompressors, and one that I think needs to be
> > re-licensed
> > before anything like this happens:
> >
> > tdlug                     The Debian Linux User's Guide online book
> >
> > For that matter, I also have:
> >
> > lasg                      Linux Administrator's Security Guide
> > ldp-nag                   HTML, PS and ASCII version of Network
> > 			  Administrators'
> > ldp-tlk                   HTML and PS version of Linux Kernel Guide.
> >
> > each of which vrms picks up as non-free.
> I have  dwarfs-debian-guide instead of tdlug - are they the same?
> Dwarfs seems to be free.
>
> Shawn

I'd say no - there may be some similarities, and the history of Debian
and about the Debian Project are quite similar (modified to reflect the
passage of time,) but the bulk of the text appears to be different, and
written to somewhat different experience levels by my reading.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org