Re: system will not soft power down

On November 15, 2002 01:27 pm, Wayne Brown wrote:
> and I have apm 'compiled in' to the kernel, thanks, anymore ideas anyone?

There's a discussion on the linux kernel mailing list about what happens if
apm and acpi are both going:

http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/linux/linux-kernel/2001-00/0826.html

If you have apm in the kernel and acpi loaded from a module, apm might win
and won't work if your BIOS doesn't support ACPI.  Try turning apm=off in
lilo.conf, and loading acpid and the acpi module.

I'm not sure what the acpi module is called, or whether it comes with the
default 2.4.18 Debian binary or requires compiling.  Anyone else?

--
-Levi