Re: muttrc parse error - why??

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:08:57PM +0100, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 05:17:20PM +0000, Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> > When starting mutt, it barfs over the line
> > send-hook	"~b me@domain.com" my_hdr From: Name Surname <a@b.com>
>             ^  ^             ^
> Delete the '"' and the Space.

Have done.  Same error occurs.
The line is now
send-hook ~b me@domain.com my_hdr From: name surname <a@b.com>
and mutt tells me that
b: not supported in this mode.  Grr.

> > The online mutt manual gives the example of
> > send-hook ~Cb@b.b my_hdr from: c@c.c
> > which would suggest otherwise ...
>
> Take a closer look at manual. ;-)

Believe you me, I've spent many long hours at work looking at the manual
- that's why I've posted here, since I simply can't see what's wrong
with it!

Has anyone any ideas how to say to mutt

"If I'm writing a message where me@domain.com appears /anywhere/
in the body or headers, then set the From: line to a@b.com"?

-- jc

PS Is it just me, or has the mutt-users mailing list dropped off the
face of the earth in the last few weeks?

--
jaycee.spam@jaycee.uklinux.net