GNOME 2 on Woody?

Hi all!

HAVE A SPECIAL QUESTION!   :-(

I´m using stable Debinan (woody) und have a super running GNOME 2
(self compiled from debians unstable source codes an then installed into
woody). But there is no sound. xmms don´t like to open CD device
(configuration is correct), esd is running (# ps) and i had set user to
group
audio but no reaction and no error message on console (~/.xsession-errors
reports "failed to start esd, but esd is definitive running!!!).
xmms-fmradio
also fails to work.

Any idea?

Methew

P.S.: please mail me directly too. I´m not subscribed on debian lists for
now.