Re: for tecnical linux users

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:25:09 -0600
"steve" <steve@chemhead.homelinux.com> wrote:

| Is your keyboard port damaged by any chance?  Maybe it has a lot of dust
| in it and is not making proper contact.  Just an idea I had.

Thanks for the suggestion; but NO.
Tryed with 2 other keyboards: same result.
Removed partially the main board and replugged the keyboard  to test
if any contact was made to the frame, without any result.
This is what AWARD/PHOENIX suggest :

"KEYBOARD ERROR OR NO KEYBOARD PRESENT
Cannot initialize the keyboard.  Make sure the keyboard is attached correctly and no keys
are being pressed during the boot."

- Here my keyboard is right and no keys are pressed !

"If you are purposely configuring the system without a keyboard, set the error halt condition in
Setup to HALT ON ALL, BUT KEYBOARD.  This will cause the BIOS to ignore the
missing keyboard and continue the boot."

- Crazy. How can I set this when the bios stops with the above error ?

mess-mate