Re: /etc/init.d services start/stop question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crispin Wellington" <crispin@aeonline.net>
To: "Debian Users" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: /etc/init.d services start/stop question

>>AFAIK...
>>
>>K's are called in order as the run level is *exited* as
>>
>>/etc/rc2.d/K20whatever stop
>>
>>S's are called in order as the run level is *entered* as
>>
>>/etc/rc2.d/S20whatever start
>>
>>Is that correct?
>>
>>Kind regards
>>Crispin Wellington

Yes. Shorewall places a K* and S* script in the same runlevel dir rc2.d
and when you change runlevel, it clearly executes the K* script from the
current runlevel and then runs the S* script from the new runlevel.

Also, I checked the /etc/init.d/rcS and /etc/init.d/rc scripts and there the
start or stop is indeed specified when the script is called.