Ghostscript Problem

I'm hoping someone can tell me how Ghostscript
(specifically, gs-aladdin 7.04 (testing)) is
supposed to know where the ghostscript fonts
are located (i.e., the pathname to the directory
where they reside).  Is there an environment
variable that is supposed to be set to that
directory?

Also, can someone who has a testing system tell
me where the font file n022003l.pfb is located?
I.e., what do you get when you do a
"find . -name n022003l.pfb -print"?
(Note: the final character before the suffix
is a lowercase "L", not a numeral "1").

(On my system, the above font file is located
under "/usr/lib/ghostscript/fonts", and also
under "/usr/lib/grace/fonts/type1".  Also under
the above [...]/ghostscript/fonts directory, there
is a file Fontmap, which is a link to
/etc/gs.Fontmap.  There is also a Fontmap file
under "/usr/share/gs-aladdin/7.04", but there
are no "*.pfb" files there.)

Any help much appreciated.

        Mike Fontenot
        mlfasf@attbi.com