Re: way indulgent on my part--was Re: paint

Colin Watson wrote:
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:00:23AM -0800, ben wrote:

on the other hand, isn't there more that can be done to spare us all from this crap? if the f*ckin' big interrogators and the corporate insulation association can develop a means of tracking potentially injurious content, why can't we get it together, on this list, to agree on a commonly appropriate filtering apparatus to eliminate obvious spam from this list?

People seem to keep assuming there's no filtering at all! We do have
spamassassin running; it's just a matter of tweaking it (and, in the
meantime, accepting that nothing's perfect).

I've also noticed that a lot of the spam is getting much smarter.
Spamassassin is only so good. If you can figure out the words and phrases that spamassassin is expecting, you can work towards avoiding them.

That last piece I saw was a completely different format than anything I've seen before. They are evolving.

Personally, I would think RBL could help.

--
* Knghtbrd unleashes a pair of double barreled snurf guns and covers
  jesus with snurf darts