RE: for tecnical linux users

messmate said on 30 October 2002 7:52 PM

>Hi experts,
>I have a little pb with un update I made of my BIOS.
>Bios is a AWARD and did a flash update, after that I get always the error :
>
>'Keyboard error or keyboard not connected'.
>
>When looking at the site of award (phoenix) the say :
>'Look that a key is not pressed or connect the keybord'
>
>But :
>1. a key is not pressed
>2. the keyboard is connected. (tryed it with different keybords)
>
>Of course any boot is impossble and doing a 'del' to setup the bios didn't
help.

>I think the only solution is to replace the eeprom but he is SOLDERED :-(
>
>Is there any other solution ??

Messmate, i'd suggest re-flashing the bios again.  Make sure you follow the
flashing instructions exactly. The only other thing I can think of is a
damaged bios chip (if it's soldered into the motherboard it's a pretty
crappy motherboard - it should be removable).  Hope this helps.

Dave