Re: shutdown or reboot from gdm

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Galbraith <paul_galbraith@rogers.com> writes:

(Please don't post HTML to the list.)

Paul> I'm running woody and have gnome installed, and everything seems
Paul> to be working fairly well, except that there's no shutdown or
Paul> reboot option available from the desktop.  From the docs I've
Paul> seen, it seems like gdm should offer this option after I've logged
Paul> out from gnome, but it doesn't appear to.  The gdm docs mention a
Paul> system menu where reboot/shutdown should be an option...I assume
Paul> this is after I've logged in?  There no system menu in the login
Paul> window that gdm presents.  Does anyone know what I need to do to
Paul> be able to shutdown/reboot from the desktop (aside from su
Paul> shutdown in a term window)?

You will need to edit /etc/gdm/gdm.conf.  Look under the [greeter]
section, and change "SystemMenu=false" to ... well, you know ...  I
think that's the only thing you need to change.  If not, poke around in
that file.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA