Strange Postfix message revisited

Earlier I wrote that if I sent a message to more than 1 recipient on my postfix server, I would get a message back stating the users do not exist.

One advice I got, by virtue of the fact that local_recipient_maps = [nothing] was to execute:

postconf -e 'local_recipient_maps = $relocated_maps, $alias_maps, unix:passwd.byname'

After doing that, however, no mail is delivered to any recipient.

Leaving local_reciepient_maps = unix:passwd.byname as well as
= $relocated_maps, $alias_maps
produces the same results.

Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Curtis