Re: Recording on SB Live

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, sdownes wrote:

> I'm using the emu10k1 driver & I've been trying a few bits of software
> over the last few weeks  to no effect. (Most recently wavp & wavr) Reading
> the how to gives very little info & seems to think it should just work.
>
> Reading your reply I have had a look at the Alsa website & also the Deb
> packages relating to it. Do I need to be using this  & if so what
> packages? Deb lists a bucketfull of Alsa packages & the first glance at
> the website didn't enlighten me a lot.

You don't need Alsa, but it does better than the kernel driver concerning
some aspects. Though, in most cases the emu10k1 kernel driver will be
sufficient. What Alsa packages you need depends on your kernel version.
These many packages are for different kernels. Have a look which you need.
For better customization,etc you can compile the Alsa stuff from source,
too.

Btw; are you sure you have set the volume of the in gain, etc correctly?