Re: Q: Debian, fvwm, virtual desktops and howto place specific programs at startup

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 16:51, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I make use of fvwm on Debian unstable and start fvwm with startx.  I
> have seveal virtual desktops.  On some, the first thing I do after
> starting fvwm is placing the same programs every time, e.g. jpilot on
> the first virtual desktop.
>
> My question:  Is there a way to specify for startup of fvwm where to
> place which programs, i.e. can I automate the launching of jpilot on
> the first virtual desktop?

Yes, fvwm is highly configurable.
If you have something like
    Style	"jpilot"		StartsOnPage 1 0
in your ~/.fvwm2rc, then anytime and no matter how you start Jpilot,
it will be put in the appropriate Page.

Also, if you have something like
  AddToFunc InitFunction	I	Exec jpilot
jpilot will be started automatically when fvwm starts.

Note however, that this applies to fvwm2, which is now called fvwm.
The old fvwm is now called fvwm1 and afaik cannot do this.

> Thanks for any enlightment,
> Lukas

You're welcome, Michael